- Central Piedmont Community College (CPCC) is offering MEPAP Part 1 during the Spring 2019 semester. The course runs from Thursday, January 10th to Saturday, May 11th. The course is offered online, so it is easily accessible to anyone with an internet connection. A 90-hour practicum experience simultaneously accompanies the course. The practicum must take place in a pre-approved nursing home that accepts Medicare and/or Medicare residents, under an Activity Director (AD) who has at least 2 years’ experience as an AD and has worked at least 1 year in her/his currently AD position.
This course has been approved by NC as a state-approved AD course. Successful participants will meet the regulatory requirements to serve as an AD in the nursing home or assisted living setting. Plus, the course puts participants on track to fulfill the MEPAP Part 1 requirement for certification through the National Certification Council for Activity Professionals (NCCAP).
CPCC calls the course Activity Director Part 1 and the course number is OAP 7006-01. The course is offered through the continuing education arm of the college. And the cost is a little over $200. That’s a deal when you compare the cost of this course to other distant-learning courses being offered by other MEPAP instructors nation-wide. To register for the course, call 704.330.4223 or you can register online at http://www.cpcc.edu/cce
with credit card in hand.
If you have questions about the course, or the practicum experience, please call 980.613.0872. As the primary instructor for the course, I’ll be glad to answer your questions.
Barbara Hearne, ACC/ED, AC-BC
- Activity Professional Education across NC
- BRIDGE THE GAP: Need this to complement the Health Care Activity Director course to complete MEPAP Part 1? CPCC is offering this as a HYBRID class (mostly on-line, with 1 weekend in class in Charlotte) Feel free to pass this along to other APs. More information can be found at www.cpcc.edu.
- MEPAP PART 1: Ready to become “qualified” as an activity professional or start the journey towards NCCAP certification? Registration is for anyone who needs it. NOTE: This course is NOT limited to NC residents and the $180 tuition rate applies to in-state AND out-of-state students! More information can be found at www.cpcc.edu
- MEPAP PART 2: The Coalition of Activity Professionals (COAP) is pleased to sponsor this class, . Contact Kathy Wright-Moore, LRT/CTRS, ACC to register.
- The Activity Director 60 Hour State Approved Basic Class Call Forsyth Tech to register Phone: 336-723-0371. http://www.forsythtech.edu/cce/continuing-education/health-amp-safety-careers/activity-director/
- The Activity Director 60 Hour State Approved Basic class at Craven Community College http://cravencc.edu/workforcedevelopment/explore-programs/health-and-medical-programs/
- The Activity Director 60 Hour State Approved Basic Class at Gaston College http://www.gaston.edu/economic-workforce-development/certification-licensure/healthcare-activity-director/
- The Activity Director 60 Hour State Approved Basic Class at Stanly Community College http://www.stanly.edu/continuing-education/health-occupations/activities-director.html
- The Activity Director 60 Hour State Approved Basic Class at Rowan-Cabarrus Community College https://www.rccc.edu/healthoccupations/activity-director-course/