- NC State-Approved Activity Director Basic course is being offered by Central Piedmont Community College (CPCC) online this fall (August 15 – December 11.) Successful completion of the course will enable participants to meet the regulatory requirement to serve as an Activity Director is the nursing home or assisted living setting. This 60-hour course is accompanied by a 60-hour pre-approved practicum that must be completed in a certified nursing home under the supervision of an Activity Director (AD) who has at least two (2) years of experience as an AD and been in her/his current AD position for at least one (1) year.
To register for the course, contact the Corporate & Continuing Education Section of CPCC at 704.330.4223. The course number is OAP 7010 and it’s title is “Healthcare Activity Director. Payment is expected at time of registration. You can also register online at https://mycollege2.cpcc.edu/WebAdvisorST/WebAdvisor?TOKENIDX=8556845793&type=M&constituency=WBCE&pid=CORE-WBCE
For questions about the course or the Practicum experience, contact the Primary Instructor, Barbara Hearne. Register soon! the course is filling up!
mobile phone: 980.613.0872
- Activity Professional Education across NC
- BRIDGE THE GAP: Need this to complement the Health Care Activity Director course to complete MEPAP Part 1? CPCC is offering this as a HYBRID class (mostly on-line, with 1 weekend in class in Charlotte) Feel free to pass this along to other APs. More information can be found at www.cpcc.edu.
- MEPAP PART 1: Ready to become “qualified” as an activity professional or start the journey towards NCCAP certification? Registration is for anyone who needs it. NOTE: This course is NOT limited to NC residents and the $180 tuition rate applies to in-state AND out-of-state students! More information can be found at www.cpcc.edu
- MEPAP PART 2: The Coalition of Activity Professionals (COAP) is pleased to sponsor this class, . Contact Kathy Wright-Moore, LRT/CTRS, ACC to register.
- The Activity Director 60 Hour State Approved Basic Class Call Forsyth Tech to register Phone: 336-723-0371. http://www.forsythtech.edu/cce/continuing-education/health-amp-safety-careers/activity-director/
- The Activity Director 60 Hour State Approved Basic class at Craven Community College http://cravencc.edu/workforcedevelopment/explore-programs/health-and-medical-programs/
- The Activity Director 60 Hour State Approved Basic Class at Gaston College http://www.gaston.edu/economic-workforce-development/certification-licensure/healthcare-activity-director/
- The Activity Director 60 Hour State Approved Basic Class at Stanly Community College http://www.stanly.edu/continuing-education/health-occupations/activities-director.html
- The Activity Director 60 Hour State Approved Basic Class at Rowan-Cabarrus Community College https://www.rccc.edu/healthoccupations/activity-director-course/